Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Aim for ONE!


I dont know if u guys have read the newspapers or watched TVnews or anything, but did u hear about the news where that Jerlun MP, Mukhriz Mahathir suprisingly came out with a splendid idea. As we know, Malaysian are struggling from this racial conflicts where everyone especially the other races (chinese and Indian) were questioning the ketuanan melayu thingy.Well, I dare say what Mukhriz proposed yesterday is a fantastic idea to cope with this problem in the future.
He wanted Malaysia to have one (I mean SINGLE) education system where EVERY malaysian should go to the same type of school (no more SJK or SRJK or anything) and basically learned about the same thing.
I mean yeah! sharing my experience here... I went to sekolah pondok when i was 7 to 9 years old, then to Sekolah Kebangsaan ( 10-12 years old) where I dont even mingle with any chinese student. I mean I dont have any chinese friends! because of what?? because they are simply not there... (Its PENANG anyway). I dare say most of them went to what we call SRJKC (sekolah jenis kebangsaan cina).
and PLUS! I went to Sekolah AGAMA al-irshad where again, no chinese nor indian is there! AND lastly, I went to UITM where of course again everyone is a BUMIPUTERA! Fuhh, I am not here to portray myself as a person who looked up high to other races, but simply here to say that, after the life that I've experienced in High school and primary school, I end up to be like this...a person who is extremely sceptical when speaking with chinese....
I ended up to have no friends of chinese...
I ended up to be looking at chinese as a bad community...
I ended up to be a total 'MALAY' person and not a total 'MALAYSIAN' person...
I am here as one of the future educator in Malaysian really see this as a good opportunity for we, the citizen of Malaysia to really look at this question -
.............Why do we have to fight over stupid things?? (politics???sign boards???)
Remember that we are one....we are the generations that our ancestors, The citizen of TANAH MELAYU before had blood over their body for.....Malaysia used to be so calm despite our multiracial community....
Please end this war soon....amin!

5 comments:

balan said...

Agree with Mukhriz.

Of course National Schools have it's weaknesses.

But for the sake of unity and Intergration, why not. Having all Malay, Chinese & Indian teachers & administrators in the same school will reduce all Islamisations of national schools and perhaps spur competition.

If Singaporeans can go to the same school, why can't we?
Do read my take on this.

http://balankumarpremakumaran.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

A very interesting post with first hand insight.

Will feature your post in our website http://mylivingwall and link back to your blog.

All the best!

http://mylivingwall.com

balan said...

Thanks for your comments in my blog.

PakSu Lamp said...

menteri besar pulau pinang ada ckp pasal 60000 org pelajar dr kaum lain bersekolah di sekolah jenis kebangsaan cina,tp how bout pelajar kaum cina yg bersekolah di sekolah kebangsaan terutama sekolah rendah...
seingat aku during my secondary schools takda pun kaum cina padahal ada populasi dr kaum itu sekitarnya,i mean common laa penang kan(ramai cina) cuma yg ada seorang itu pun sbb dia muslim..
tp kaum india sentiasa ada...
dan aku penah bersekolah di sekolah menengah yg ramai kaum cina n india..apa yg aku boleh katakan perkauman tetap ada..cina ngan geng cina,indian ngan indian,malay ngan malay,walaupun ada yg baik namun ia masih tidak ditahap yg boleh di banggakan...dan ada pula kelas pertama i mean mcm kelas sains 1st(cth 4Sains1)hanya kaum china dan india...
for me it is absolutely no relevant at all....
dan itu kesan dari pengasingan sek jenis keb sewaktu di sekolah rendah...
so bayangkan jika sudah dewasa...

kacangsaja said...

dtg masuk mmu lah fahim
sini banyak chinese
meh meh kawan dgn kitorg!
hahah
=P